This weekend, Sept. 12–13, we will have the opportunity to make a promise to Mary for our spiritual growth. Some reminders:
- Last weekend promise cards were available at all of the Masses and the priests explained “Why do we promise to Mary?” As a refresher, listen to Fr. James’ homily by clicking below. Or, read the recent bulletin insert here, for some assistance in making a specific, fruitful promise to Mary.
- Have you spent time this week planning what commitment you will make? Each stage of our life is different and affects the way we live our vocation to sanctity. That is why our promise has to be related both to the stage of our life in which we find ourselves and our specific vocation (whether we are students, young adults, parents or grandparents.)
- Bring your completed card with you to Mass this weekend. Extra cards will be available as you arrive at Mass if you didn’t get one. See the promise card here.
- During the Rite of Communion this Sunday, you will be able to drop your completed promise card in the jar as you approach the altar.
- Our Marian Weekend will conclude with burning the promise cards, symbolically sending our promises to Heaven. You can watch the burning of cards live on Facebook at approximately 6:30pm, following the 5:00 Mass on Sunday. Please note that because this will be live streamed from outside, it will only be streamed on Facebook.