Returning to Mass has been very successful so far! It has been such a joy to gather together again. Thank you for helping us worship safely and responsibly. We are inching closer to returning to normal, while staying safe and observing the guidance from the Archdiocese and the state of Colorado.
There are three new items to bring to your attention:
- You do NOT have to sign up for daily Mass! Daily Mass times are Monday-Friday at 6:30 am, 8:15 am, and 12 noon. Saturday daily Mass is at 8:15 am.
- Masks are no longer required at OUTDOOR Masses (they are still required indoors). Masks do NOT need to be surgical masks–any suitable face covering will work.
- The daily 7:00 pm Masses are canceled, effective immediately.
There are TWO ways to sign up for a weekend Mass:
- Use the link in our Flocknote emails.*
- Call the parish office at 303.798.8506.
* If you do not receive our Flocknote emails, you may sign up to receive them here, or ask to be added to the list when you call.
What You Must Know Before You Sign Up
Our return to Mass brings with it a “new normal”. Please make sure that you read and understand all of the information below.
- WE ARE STILL UNDER A DISPENSATION FROM THE OBLIGATION TO ATTEND SUNDAY MASS. IF YOU ARE AT HIGH RISK (ELDERLY, UNDERLYING HEALTH CONDITIONS, ETC.), FEEL SICK or have been in contact with someone who is sick: please stay home for your safety and that of the congregation. Live-stream Masses will continue at 4:30 p.m. on Saturday and 9:30 a.m. on Sunday; daily Mass will continue to be live-streamed at 8:15 am.
- SOCIAL DISTANCING: We will observe strict social distancing. Parishioners should follow the guidance of any usher or posted sign and can expect for rows/pews to be roped off. Please sit only in your assigned section. The pews will be marked to show you where to sit. Families who live together can sit together but should be spaced more than 6-feet from other families.
- NO CONGREGATING: Please understand that, although we know it is difficult not to visit with friends, congregating before or after Mass is not permissible for the sake of everyone’s good health.
- COME 15 MINS. EARLY! The doors will be locked as soon as Mass begins so be here early to ensure that you get into the church.
- ENTERING AND EXITING: Enter through the main doors only. If there is a line, please follow the marking on the sidewalk and stay six feet apart. Once in the church, please take your seat immediately. Maps will be available to help you find your section. After Mass, please exit the door that is closest to your section so as to avoid overcrowding in the vestibule.
- MASKS (OR OTHER SUITABLE FACE COVERINGS) ARE MANDATORY FOR INDOOR MASSES. They are optional for outdoor Masses.
- SANITATION: We are increasing how often we sanitize and clean. However, due to limited available supply of hand sanitizer and wipes, parishioners are encouraged to bring their own if they have them.
- BATHROOMS: restrooms at the entrance to the church will be available for emergency use only. Please instruct your children as such and plan accordingly before you leave home. Bathrooms present a significant risk due to the inability to social distance and the extra sanitation required between each use.
- TEMPORARY LITURGICAL CHANGES: Reception of Holy Communion will be in the hand only. Please wear your mask as you approach, receive the Body of Christ in your hand, step to the side, remove your mask and place the host in your mouth. Replace your mask before proceeding back to your pew. The Sign of Peace will be omitted and please refrain from hand holding during the Our Father.
See guidance from the Archdiocese here.
Archdiocese Guidelines for Resuming Limited Public Masses (as of 5/9/20)
The following guidance is presented to the lay faithful and pastors of the Archdiocese of Denver as public Masses resume, in a limited manner, in the Archdiocese of Denver. Further guidance will be issued as needed.